Did you know that Spain is the EU country that
receives the most Erasmus+ students?
The International Department of ESIC has launched the Buddy Program whose objective is to help international students like you in your process of integration into our campus and country.
What is it?
The Buddy Program aims to bring together and encourage contact and interaction between local and international students who come to ESIC for an academic stay.
How does it work?
If you wish to participate, we will assign you a Buddy (they are always "veteran" students from 3rd, 4th or 5th year of studies, with experience in international mobility programmes, knowledge of languages and a vocation for welcoming). We will take into account your studies, interests, languages... to try to make the match work. But if, for any reason, you don't feel comfortable with your Buddy, we can always assign you a new one! What we want is to help you and make your stay in our school, city and country as easy as possible.
Your Buddy will be able to help you solve all the doubts you might have regarding academic matters or related to your life in Spain. For example:
- Knowing how the ESIC facilities work. Locating classrooms, offices, library, cafeteria, assembly hall, etc.
- Information about the means of public transport available to you (types of passes, timetables, how they work...).
- Information about accommodation options.
- Advice on places of interest in the city (sports centres, libraries, shopping centres, civic centres, cinemas, theatres, bar and restaurant areas, etc.).
- Practical advice: from finding out how our public health service works, to how the waste recycling system works in our city.
In addition, we organize exclusive activities for international students and buddies.