Skip to main content

Study in Spain. Study at ESIC.

Spain is one of the most attractive countries to study in.
We have a vast range of universities and business schools with great international prestige and recognition. Perhaps that is why we are also the largest recipient of Erasmus + students in Europe.
But, in addition to the quality of our teaching, Spain stands out for its climate, its style and philosophy of life, its festivals, its rich cuisine, the diversity of its landscapes, its historical and monumental legacy, its cultural wealth ... For this reason, sometimes it is said that Spain is a small Europe with different identities.
Madrid, Barcelona and Valencia are the 3 main cities in Spain, and ESIC has a presence in all of them. They are cosmopolitan, open, full of life 24 hours a day...

Perfect communications

They have international airports and are perfectly connected to the rest of Spain and Europe.


Cultural Activities

The range of cultural activities in both cities is ongoing and covers all tastes: shows, music, theater, dance, cinema, painting, sculpture, etc.


Exquisite cuisine

You can enjoy the typical Spanish tapas or top-class Spanish cuisine restaurants, markets and gastronomic fairs.


MAD Madrid

  • 4 million inhabitants (7million in the metropolitan area).
  • Cold winters (Min 4-5ºC and Max 12ºC) and mild / warm summers (20-32ºC)
  • Sun (2,691 sun hours / year)
  • Pozuelo Campus 20 minutes from Madrid
  • Spanish is the official language and classes are taught in Spanish and / or English.

BCN Barcelona

  • 1.6 million inhabitants (3.2 throughout the metropolitan area).
  • Cold / mild winters (Min. 4-5ºC and Max. 16-17º C) and hot summers (19-28ºC).
  • Sun (2,513 sun hours / year)
  • Barcelona campus in the center of the city, Spanish and Catalan are the official languages and classes are taught in Spanish and / or English.

VAL Valencia

  • 800.000 inhabitants 2 million for the entire metropolitan area). It is the third most populated city in Spain.
  • Cold / mild winters (Min. 4-5ºC and Max. 16-17ºC) and hot summers (19-33ºC).
  • Sun (2.886 hours sun/year). More than 300 days of sunshine per year.
  • Valencia Campus in the city centre
  • Spanish and Valencian are the official languages and classes are taught in Spanish and/or English.


When you decide to study in another country, it is normal that you have many doubts. Where am I going to stay? What means of transportation are there to get to the campus? What scholarships can I apply for? Can I do internships in that country? Where do I go if I get sick?
ESIC has a department that will help you solve all your doubts. We are at your entire disposal to clarify any concerns and respond in Spanish or English. These are our main services:


Together with the Secretariat office (Undergraduate and Postgraduate), it will provide you with information for the management of administrative documents -NIE, visa extension, etc… that may be required of you. In addition, it will offer you advice that facilitates your adaptation to the country: support in the search for accommodation, medical insurance, information on Spanish customs and institutions, scholarships and grants, etc.
Which consists of:
Professional careers
Company Internships
ESIC Entrepreneurs and
ESIC Alumni.
Buddy program
The International Department of ESIC has launched the Buddy Program whose objective is to help international students like you in your process of integration into our campus and country.

Accommodation areas and options

MAD City



  • If you want to live near the School: the areas closest to the Campus are Pozuelo de Alarcón, Aravaca, Majadahonda, Las Rozas and Boadilla.
  • If you want to live in the city center: Moncloa, Ciudad Universitaria, Barrio de Salamanca ... are some of the options you have.

Accommodation options

  1. Student residences:
    • Nodis Madrid Pozuelo
    • Student Experience Madrid Pozuelo
    • Nido Aravaca Madrid
    • Livensa Living Madrid Aravaca
    • Residencias Nebrija
    • Residencia Collegiate
    • Colegio Mayor Argentino
    • Nexo Residencias
  2. Websites and agencies
    • Mi casa Inn
    • P y R Soluciones
    • Aluni
    • Accomadrid
    • Be roomers
    • DFlat
    • Spot a Home
    • Housing Anywhere
    • Alojamientos Pablo Gallego
  3. Room matte list
    • Once the registration is formalized, from the Virtual Campus, you can look for flatmates through a "notice board"
BCN City



  • If you want to live near the School: the District of Sarrià-Sant Gervasi, is where both the University campus and the Postgraduate campus are located.
  • If you want to live in the center of Barcelona: Eixample, Gràcia or Les Corts.

Accommodation options

  1. Student residences:
    • Nexo Residencias
    • Residencia Universitaria Sarrià
    • Residencia Emilie de Villenueve
    • Residencia de estudiantes Tres Torres
    • Residencia de estudiantes Roca
    • Residencia Universitaria Barcelona Diagonal
  2. Websites and agencies
    • Be roomers
    • Spot a Home
    • Vive Barcelona
    • Barcelona Home
    • Resa Housing
    • Altiro Barcelona
    • Housing Anywhere
  3. Room matte list
    • Once the registration is formalized, from the Virtual Campus, you can look for flatmates through a "notice board"
BCN City



  • If you want to live near the School: the university area of Blasco Ibáñez, Tarongers, Xuquer, Ramon Llull and Manuel Candela is where the campus is located.
  • If you want to live in the centre of Valencia: El Pla del Remei, Pla del Real, El Carmen or Ruzafa.

Accommodation options

  1. Student residences:
    • ESIC: San Francisco Javier // Av. de Blasco Ibáñez, 55, 46021 Valencia
    • Collegiate Marina Real // Carrer de Francesc Cubells 7 46011 Valencia
    • Damià Bonet Residence Hall
    • Galileo Galilei University Residence
    • Ausias March Hall of Residence
  2. Websites and agencies
    • Idealista
    • Badi
    • Habitoom
    • Fotocasa
    • Spotahome
    • Habitaclia
  3. Room matte list
    • Once the registration is formalized, from the Virtual Campus, you can look for flatmates through a "notice board"



Madrid-Barajas Adolfo Suárez Airport


Commuter train

Urban and intercity buses,
tram / light rail ...

AVE (high speed train)


Barcelona El Prat Airport - Josep Tarradellas

Underground/Subway, urban and intercity buses ...

Commuter train

Catalan Generalitat Railways (FGC)

AVE (high speed train)

Barcelona's port

Procedures before and after
arriving in Spain


Citizens of the European Union do not need to complete any paperwork before they arrive in Spain. In the case of non-EU citizens, it will be necessary to process a study visa. To do this, once your reservation of a place in the School is formalized, you will receive the original documentation to process it in the corresponding Consular Office.

Here are the documents that you must manage for your visa process:

  1. School admission / acceptance letter
  2. Valid passport for the period in which you are going to study
  3. Passport photographs
  4. Completed visa application
  5. Document proving funds to live in Spain (request from bank)
  6. Proof of accommodation (rental agreement, residence, hotel ...)
  7. Medical insurance that covers you in Spain (with Sanitas we have special conditions as a student of ESIC).
  8. Payment of consular fees; to consult the corresponding Consulate / Embassy
  9. Degree in previous studies (apostilled)
  10. Criminal record certificate
  11. Medical certificate; maximum 3 months prior issue.

ESIC recommends contacting the Spanish Consulate closest to your residence to request an appointment and confirm documents as it may vary depending on the country of origin.


Once in Spain, citizens from the European Union or from another country in the European Economic Area or the Swiss Confederation must request registration in the Central Registry of Foreigners, where they will obtain a registration certificate and the Number of Foreign Identity (NIE).

This registration must be carried out by the student in person in the Immigration Office or the Police Station of the province where the person resides.
In the case of non-EU students, you have 30 calendar days from your entry to Spain to request your Identity Card for Foreigners (TIE). The TIE is a unique and exclusive document intended to provide documentation to foreigners in a situation of legal permanence in Spain. This card is personal and non-transferable and the holders are obliged to carry said document with them. The request must be made personally in the Immigration Office or the Police Station in the province where you have your address.

Next, we shall list the necessary documentation for the application, all of them must be original documents:

  1. Passport with the entry stamp to Spain
  2. Study visa, if applicable
  3. Three colored passport-type photographs, and with white background
  4. Proof of payment of corresponding fees
  5. Document justifying the issuance of the card (NIE/TIE).

* Important: renewal of TIE may be necessary to extend the period of stay in Spain. This may be due to the fact that other training takes place or is needed for internships in companies.


Any person living in Spain is obliged to register in the Registrar of the municipality where they will reside. This is necessary to prove residency for all procedures related to public services.

Madrid: This procedure is carried out at the Citizen Services Offices-Madrid (Oficinas de Atención a la Ciudadanía-Línea Madrid) by appointment.
Barcelona: You can carry out this procedure in the Citizen Services Offices (Oficina d’Atenció Ciutadana) of your district by appointment.

If during your studies, you want to work

Once in Spain, you can apply for a work authorization at the Immigration Office, as long as the work is compatible with the studies that are going to be carried out and the income earned is not the sole purpose of living in Spain.

How to get a student visa?

Know the process step by step in the following infographic